About the Center
Hinckley is situated in south-west Leicestershire in England. It is the second largest town in the administrative county of Leicestershire. Hinckley is managed by Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council. It exists approximately at the midpoint between cities of Coventry and Leicester and is near to the big town of Nuneaton in Warwickshire.
Under Local Government Act, 1894 Hinckley became an urban district and covered old parish. After the county review order, the urban district of Hinckley was expanded to include old parishes of Burbage, Earl Shilton, Barwell and most of Stoke Golding. Under Local Government Act 1972, in 1974 Hinckley urban district was eliminated and became an unparished area in the borough of Bosworth and Hinckley. From this time, civil parishes of Barwell, Burbage, Stoke Golding and Earl Shilton have been reconstructed. The major urban area remains unparished.
Major primary schools in Hinckley are Richmond school, Hinckley Parks, St Peter’s Catholic, Battling Brook, St Mary’s Church of England and many more. High secondary schools of Hinckley include Redmoor, Hastings in Burbage, St Martin’s Catholic Voluntary Academy in Stoke Golding and all feeder school for Hinckley Academy. Two Schools in town for age group 10 and 11. There are Further Education College in Hinckley like North Warwickshire and Hinckley College. The other main College in Hinckley is William Bradford. Special school in Hinckley named Goodman Special School provides education to both juniors and seniors having disabilities.
From the year 1912 Hinckley had electricity supply. In 1922 war memorial was established. first council house in Hinckley were built at Granville Road in 1913. After that much more was made in the 1920s and 1930s. In the 1930s damaged slums in Hinckley were removed. Later council houses needed to replace them. After 1945 , various new houses were constructed in Hinckley. It includes prefabs built in Middlesfield Lane in 1946-1947. In 1935 Hollycroft Park was constructed. Hinckley urban district boundaries was expanded to include Stoke Golding, Earl Shilton, Barwell and Burbage. In 1937 new police station was built.
Twelve people were killed due to German Bombing during Second World War. Argents Mead was given to council as a gift in 1948. In 1960 new bus station was constructed and in 1962 Edwards Centre was built.
Industrialisation expanded in late 20th century in Hinckley. At Dodwells Bridge various industrial estates were built which include Harrowbrook, Hinckley Fields and Sketchley Lane. In 1972 Concordia Theatre was opened. Hinckley Urban District was included in Borough in 1974. In 1977 new leisure centre was built in Hinckley. In 1978 Health Centre in Hill Street was opened. Britannia Centre was opened in 1981. New RC church that was dedicated to St Peter was constructed in Hinckley in 1933.
In the 21st century, Hinckley continued to flourish. In 2006 Leisure Centre was refurbished. Existing population of Hinckley is 42,000.
Locate us on Map
Courses Scheduled at Hinckley
|Course||Upcoming Schedule||Price||Book Online|