About the Center
Slough is a famous town in Berkshire, England. It is 20 miles 3 miles north of Windsor, west of central London, 6 miles east of Maidenhead, 20 miles north-east of Reading and 12 miles south-east of High Wycombe. Sitting at the gateway to the Thames Valley and London and at the joining point of the M4, M40 and M25 motorways, it provides easy road access to the rest of the UK.
On 28th November 1974, the old Slough Library was opened. It was officially called the Robert Taylor Library, to respect the Alderman Taylor in recognition of his contribution to the library service. The library was officially inaugurated by the Mayor, Councillor DR Peters, on 15th May 1975. It was destroyed in May 2017 as part of redevelopment in the town centre.
The name that means "soil", was first observed in 1195 as Slo. In the 13th century, King Henry III had a huge palace at Chippenham. Parts of Upton Court were constructed in 1325, while St Mary the Virgin Church in Langley was constructed in the late 11th or early stage of the 12th century, though it has been reconstructed and enlarged several times.
Locate us on Map
Courses Scheduled at Slough